Anu’s Beef Korma Recipe
Total Time: 1 hr 25 min
Prep: 25 min
Cook: 60 min
Servings: 6 Persons
- 1 kg of lean Beef Steak cut into bite size pieces or Bushfarm Diced Beef
- 1-2 Medium Onions sliced
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger finely chopped or grated
- 7-8 Garlic Cloves finely chopped or crushed
- Whole spices- 5 cardamom , 4 cloves ,1 cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf or 1 tbsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. Turmeric powder
- ½ – 1 tsp. chilli powder (depending on the heat of the chilli)
- 2 tbsp. Coriander Powder
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Green Chilli (optional)
- Coriander leaves finely chopped – a small bunch
- ½ cup Shredded Coconut or Creamed Coconut 3 to 4 tbsp.
- 2 tsp. Poppy Seeds or paste(optional)
- 1 tsp. of ground cashew or almond (optional) to thicken the curry
- In a hot pan add 2 tbsp. of oil and add the whole spices. Toss around for 30 seconds and add the onions. Sauté until the onions are golden brown (not pale but actually golden brown).
- Add the ginger and garlic and sauté for a further 3 to 4 minutes. If it starts to stick to the bottom reduce heat or add a drop more oil.
- Add the turmeric chilli powder and coriander power and sauté for a minute or two on low to medium heat.
- Add the beef, turn up the heat and mix well will the spices. Add salt and water, cover and simmer till the beef is cooked.
- Put the shredded coconut or creamed coconut, green chilli if using, along with the poppy seeds and or cashew (about 10) (ground almond 3 tbsp.) and blend with half cup of water. Add to the beef, mix and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add in the chopped coriander and serve.