Total Time: 30 min
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 20 min
Servings: 4/5 Persons
- 450-500 g Bushfarm Beef – Fillet, Striploin, Sirloin( Neven Maguire uses Rump Steak in his recipe for Beef Stroganov)
- 1-2 teaspoons paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 75-100g butter
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large Onion, finely chopped
- 500 g closed cup mushrooms quartered
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 200 ml sour cream
- Gherkins (optional)
- Cut the beef into thin strips
- Put the paprika, salt and pepper on a plate and roll the beef strips in it
- Heat half the butter with the oil in a frying pan. Add the onions and cook until soft but not coloured, about 6 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, about a further 4 minutes
- In another frying pan melt the remaining butter. When it sizzles add the beef strips and cook over a high heat until the outsides are brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir the mustard into the onion and mushroom mix. Then add the beef to this pan. Stir in the sour cream.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with rice or tagliatelle pasta for a quick summer meal.
- Sprinkle chopped gherkins on top, which taste really great( if you like gherkins that is!)