Bushfarm French Trimmed Rack of Lamb with a herb crust
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 55 min
Servings: 8 Persons
- 1 Bushfarm Rack of Lamb, well trimmed (leave a thin layer of fat on top)
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon mint
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Remove the lamb from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees fan.
- Put the breadcrumbs, herbs, lemon zest, ½ tablespoon rapeseed oil and salt & pepper into your food processor and process until well mixed.
- Heat the other half tablespoon rapeseed oil in a frying pan. Season the lamb and the brown all sides of it in the frying pan.
- Place in an ovenproof dish fat side up and spread the Dijon mustard over it.
- Press the breadcrumbs firmly onto the lamb.
- Roast for 30-45 minutes depending on how you like your meat.
- Remove meat from the oven and cover with foil and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before carving into individual ribs and serving.