Bushfarm Lamb Korma
Total Time: 1 hr 35 min
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 1 hr 25 min
Servings: 4 Persons
- 4 tablespoons ground almonds
- 4 cloves of garlic ( peeled)
- 2 inch piece of ginger root peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoon of rapeseed oil
- 1 x 3 inch cinnamon stick
- 8 cardamom pods, squashed with the back of a knife
- 6 cloves
- 500 g Bushfarm diced Lamb
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 125 ml single cream
- Put the almonds, garlic and ginger plus 100ml of boiling water into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Put the oil into a large frying pan and set over a medium heat and when hot put in cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Stir for 5 seconds. Add in the meat and brown for about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the almond mixture and a further 650 ml of boiling water.
- Add ¼– ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper plus 1 teaspoon of turmeric and stir.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover and bring to simmer for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes until meat is tender and cooked. Add a splash of boiling water if necessary or remove the lid for final 20 minutes to reduce the sauce if it is too watery.
- Add the cream and stir through for a minute or two. The sauce should be quite thick.
- Serve with Steamed Rice or Naan Bread